Friday, May 16, 2008

Guilt

I've read a lot about the grieving process and one of the topics that is frequently discussed is guilt. Guilt is a common reaction but it is a heavy burden to carry around and even though I have no idea why Daniel died I have a 20 lb sack of guilt on my back. How do I let go of this guilt? Forgiveness of self is key I suppose, but I have always been hard on myself about everything - even the littlest things. Many have said that losing a child will change your life forever - it certainly has changed ours and I can see how I am going to have to make the effort to change my look on life in order to get through this grieving process. Note: Someone told me that "Google is evil!" - I agree. The more I read the more I blamed myself. I have to focus on living in the present instead of dwelling on the past.

No comments: