Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

Tommorrow is Father's Day and I know that this will be hard for John. He is such a wonderful father to each of his children and for the brief time he spent with Daniel he was no less than perfect. If I could take all the pain away for him - I would. Although John carried the burden of this tremendous loss on his shoulders resiliently - he is hurting even more so than I. I at least had the chance to get to know Daniel while he was in my belly. I held him there each day and night and got to know him well. John was only able to hold Daniel after he was already gone. I am so sorry that this Father's Day couldn't be happier for him - that it couldn't be filled with the joy of a new baby being brought home. I hope each Father's Day doesn't carry with it the loss of his son, but rather thankfulness for the children he has both in life and in death.

No comments: