Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Think I Get It Now.......

For so long I just kept asking why. Why me? Why did my son have to be the one to die? I think I get it now - not necessarily why but rather that things happen - they shape us and make us who we are. We can choose to let the hard times suffocate our living or choos to live.  I'm not saying I wouldn't take it all back if I could. I remember those first few weeks after we lost Daniel where I just couldn't see my life past tomorrow. One day at a time.....but now I can live. I'm trying my hardest to live and its because of him. I am so grateful for Daniel - he is the reason why I do things some times - things that I don't think I'd ever do if it weren't for the tremendous amount of compassion and sympathy that he has helped to foster the growth of in my heart. I needed a reason why, but now I know.

No comments: