Saturday, September 24, 2011

Footprints On Our Hearts Walk To Remember

On October 2, 2011 at 1 PM the first annual Footprints On Our Hearts Walk To Remember will be held at East Shore Park in New Haven, CT. This will be the first official event I will be attending specifically to acknowledge and remember my stillborn son. I have gone to the March of Dimes walk but it is more positively focused around saving lives which is wonderful but doesn't entirely meet my specific needs - to remember and acknowledge the little boy I never got to see breathe.



Although I did not raise money this year, I did register the whole family to walk and we will get shirts with Daniel's name on them. This is a pretty special day and I'm both excited and sad. Excited to be surrounded by others who understand, ecstatic that the Hygeia Foundation has raised a significant amount of money this year to support their cause and sad that there will be so many people attending who know the pain of a lost child.

Please consider attending. This is a great cause. We can't save every baby and someone needs to be there to help pick up the pieces when we don't.

No comments: