Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baby Showers

Uuugh - part of me loves them - in fact I used to really love them. They just aren't the same anymore. I went to a baby shower today - it was the first since Daniel died 2 1/2 years ago and of course it was for a little baby boy. Everything was lovely - little clothes lines of new baby boy clothes, lots of food and plenty of gifts. I caught myself a few times deep in thought and very sad almost on the verge of tears looking at the sweet little sleepers and onesies. I just don't think it will ever be the same for me - not now.

The parting gifts for all the guests were beautiful glass ball ornaments with swirls of different shades of blue throughout. I immediately thought of Daniel. I think I'll write his name on the ornament and hang it on our tree this year. I think its sort of funny that it was so hard to be there and he was resting so heavy on my heart for that time and in the end its as if he had a gift waiting for me to remember him. Like I said - everything is different no matter how hard I try to be the same.

2 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm sorry these things are so tough. I love that you got something out of it that you can use to remember Daniel.

Christian Orellana said...

Breaks my heart hearing these situations.

May God be with you and don't worry, the Lord always has a plan for us! :]