Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Special Gift.....

Life is zipping along and I must say that for the first time, in a long time even before we lost Daniel, I truly feel happy about life. Not that I didn't appreciate being blessed with my husband and son, but I spent the last 4 years dwelling on what I didn't have instead of focusing on all the great things I did have.

This past weekend we had the honor of christening our daughter Mia - a blessing from God that we would not have today if Daniel had not died. It was a great day - very busy - and it was so nice to be able to celebrate having her in our lives. Mia received lots of gifts but the most precious gift of all was one that we received from a friend who in his own life has had struggles and in the midst of them found the compassion and empathy to remember our pain. The gift was one for us, but I could see one day giving it to Mia because she should know that she is here with us today because Daniel isn't.

2 comments:

Kami said...

That is so beautfiul! Love it!

The Blue Sparrow said...

I found your blog through the lost babies directory page. I just lost my son on the 24th of last month. I am sorry for the loss of your son Daniel but thrilled that you were blessed with another child. I hope you dont mind my following your blog, it helps me to read and visit with other stillbirth parents.