Tuesday, February 10, 2009

To Write Their Names in the Sand........

I just wanted to post this picture and thank the people who barely know us yet took time out of their lives to write Daniel's name in the sand.



Someone once told me "No one will ever understand what you have been through unless they themselves have lost a baby". I see that now. Only those who have had to endure such heartbreak can truly understand how heavy this weight is that I have to carry.

Acknowledgement and remembrance are the only things that help. I have a folder of pictures for Daniel and most are pictures of things - stones, benches, bricks, trees - all inanimate objects that I use to remember him. Seeing his name in the sand makes me feel like there is someone out there who cares - he has made his mark in this world - he will be remembered. I'll try my best to keep doing that for him because its the only way I can be his mommy.

To Write Their Names in the Sand

4 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

That is beautiful. I am so appreciative for the picture I have as well. Hope it brings you the peace and love mine has brought me.

Ah-Mi said...

I just happened to find your blog. I lost my son 3 weeks ago (he was born still at 29.5 weeks). I love my picture - Carly is truly a kindhearted soul. Looking at the picture gives me so much peace.

Franchesca said...

I am truly sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter, Jenna Belle almost two months ago. There was really no definite answer for us as to why she did not make it. She was born at 29 weeks and passed 13 days later. God used her to change us forever. Such a small hand but a big hole... You are right. Please see my blog if you get a chance. Carly wrote Jenna's name in the sand too. It was truly a wonderful tribute to my angel. Prayers~

www.handprintsfromheaven.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

What a beautiful little man. x Not sure how I came here, but I too have had my daughter's name written by Carly. Just wanted to leave and message for you and let you know that I am thinking of your precious Daniel today. :) xx