Wednesday, January 7, 2009

For those who are still following.......

The picture in my previous post was done by an artist Katie Berggren. I started to look through her other work and found a picture that I liked and wanted to include in this photo collage of Daniel that I am trying to do for my bedroom. I wanted to do something but not anything over the top - something with a mix of obvious (his footprints) and not so obvious (artwork) that will remind me of him. So I found this picture and, for me, it sort of symbolized how Daniel will always be that baby in my belly but not in my belly. The woman reminds me of me - not then but maybe now. Here is the author's description of the picture "Like Water" "When I envision being like water, I visualize complete flexibility, flowing with what the day brings, going with the moment, not getting caught up, yet staying alert and aware."



I ordered an 8x10 of the photo and felt compelled to include in my message to her why I was ordering her art. She sent me my order with a little note about how sorry she was and an extra gift - another picture. She doesn't have much of a description for it - and the beauty of art is its interpretation is all up to the person viewing it. The picture is entitle "Little Secret"



I just feel like I have been bombarded with things that have had a purpose lately - or may be now I am just able to find a purpose in things - where as before I was just too caught up in myself to notice. I still don't have the reason or purpose for losing Daniel. The only thing that I can even fathom is that here I am now - at almost the exact same point in my life as last year and I feel like I am reliving it, but only as a different person. Older by a year and much wiser by a million years. It's a very strange feeling but one that makes you tip toe through life instead of dashing to the end of each day.

So here is my "little secret" ........

No comments: