Friday, December 19, 2008

Dreams

The other night while we were eating dinner Sean made a comment. Here is how the conversation went:

Sean: You've got to believe.
John: In what?
Sean: You've got to believe in the things you want.
Me: Who told you that? (Thinking this had something to do with Santa)
Sean: Daniel
Me: How did he tell you that?
Sean: In my dream. At first he was big but then he was small and I held him and rocked him and put him in his crib.
Me: That's nice.

What do you say to that? My 3 1/2 (almost 4 {big sigh}) year old son who you would hope would just forget about this still continues to remember. They say dreams are a figment of our reality. Our mind suppresses thoughts through out the day only to have them surface at night when we sleep. Sean never talks about his dreams. He always tells us that he just dreams about the moon and the stars. I think he still longs for a sibling - he was just so disappointed - much more so than I thought someone his age could be. If I feel guilty about anything - I feel most guilty about disappointing him.

You've got to believe in the things you want - pretty big words from such a little person.

No comments: