Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15th

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day. I heard nothing on the television, the radio, no reminder e-mail from work - no one mentioned it. Do people forget, do they not care, or do they just want to avoid talking about it. What ever it may be - people should know that acknowledgment is so important to the mothers and fathers who have lost their babies.

You need only light a candle at 7 PM for one hour to show that you remember and acknowledge that the babies we lost were our children - an important part of our lives then and now. This day is just another day that we have to hold in our hearts and get through just like each month, each holiday and each time we see a child who reminds us of the baby we lost. Try to remember - if you know someone who has lost their baby - just take a moment to acknowledge their loss.

The mention of my child's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you are really my friend, let me hear the beautiful music of his name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul.

No comments: